Friday, July 17, 2009

Community Sustainable Initiative - Damai Senja

Women power is very rare to see although many of us encountered the experiences of liaising more and more with women in our working life. I have not seen the committee of a community organisation that is dominated by women. So, when I come across that the RT of Damai Senja Apartment in PJS 1 has more women than men, it comes to my surprise, really.

Women always play a main supporting role for community development programmes. Without them, nobody will serve the guests for refreshment, nobody will decorate the venue as thoughtful as they have, no one will be bothered much of getting some good souvenirs and other Netty gritty things.

However, after many years of involving with the PJ Best Neighbourhood Award site visits, I noticed the role of women is changing now, with more weight age has been given to them, either with intention or accidentally. I think it is a good sign.

I am happy with what I saw in Damai Senja and hopefully to see more in other neighbourhoods.

No comments: