Saturday, October 10, 2009

Mottainai Auntie



I was at Mid Valley with my daughter last Saturday attending the Eco Ideas Exhibition put up by Panasonic. While the expo is displaying many design for environmental products of the company, games and message about 3R and environmental conservation were also disseminated. One of the surprising icon was the appearance of the Mottainai Auntie at the venue. Mottainai means do not waste in Japanese. It is an attraction to the children, and even myself. Using icon or ambassadors or celebrity to promote a good cause is a good social marketing strategy. While educating children on environmental conservation is necessary, doing so without attracting their attention might not have produced the desired result. I presume, companies believe in corporate social responsibility should emulate what Panasonic is doing. I believe, being environmental friendly can be profitable...

No comments: