Tuesday, August 12, 2008

Social Responsibility (1) - Justlife

The First Time I have the chance to witness a private entity taking the initiative to raise public awareness for environmental protection. Justlife, on her own carries out the tree planting initiative, share a movie entitled 11th Hours, Reforestation our desert land, Demonstration on Garbage Enzyme etc. Some might call it hypocrite as Justlife is a company marketing and selling organic products. Some people might have branded it a marketing gimmick...

I saw it differently. I can sense the sincerity of the management and staff. From the way they do and say, Ms Carrie Tai, the CEO and Connie, the communication executive of Justlife have demonstrated to me that they are concern and wanted to do something good for our mother earth. I was told that they have even producing garbage enzyme in their office by using food waste from their eatery outlets and banning the use of plastic bag in their premises. This is CSR in practice, to influence others by setting good example first rather than getting others to do good on your behalf. Once again, Being Green Can Be Profitable.

I attended the two-days 0Change Climate Carnival organised by Justlife last Saturday at the Putra Stadium, Bukit Jalil. The Carnival featured talks, demonstrations, exhibition and meals become a wonderful experience for me and my family. We enjoyed the organic lunch, for a change.

Justlife has suggested to pour the garbage enzyme into our drain or lake for cleaning and purification. The Enzyme developed by Dr Rosukon of Thailand is believed the solution to recover our ozone layer and lower the global temperature. It is made with the mixture of water, garbage and sugar by the ratio of 10:3:1. It was supported by numbers of positive testimonial such as soil fertility, better skin care, waste oil disolution, prevent drainpipe blockage etc. For a start, I am thinking to try it at the back lane drains of the commercial area. Perhaps it is a recipe for clogged and dirty drains that we are looking for. So, hold our breath for the next 3 months when the enzyme is ready.

I am doing it in my office as well. Coming end of this November, I will have 50 litres enzyme to share with others who are interested.

No comments: