Tuesday, November 25, 2008

Deepavali Open House

I was so impressed with the MBPJ Deepavali Open House organised by my fellow Indian friends last Friday. The cooperation spirit, involvement and worked as a team of the staffs that inspired me the most. The event was well attended by more than 2,000 people without any disputes, different from claims by some quarters.

I understood that apart from contributing their time and energy, the Indian employees have also contributed cash for organising this event so to subsidise token contributed by MBPJ. While cash contribution showed their eagerness and commitment to share their joys with other community members, perhaps it is good for MBPJ to foot the total bill after all MBPJ has a policy to celebrate all festive seasons. My wish for year 2009 is to see all MBPJ staff from different ethnic background to jointly organise the Hari Raya Aidil Fitri, Chinese New Year, Christmas and Deepavali. Let's work as a team and to share everyone joys.


Thank you my fellow friends for presenting an entertaining and informative cultural show, and of course the delicious food. Perhaps it is the first time that I have so many Indian food for a single day. I hope to introduce the Choy Kwai Tey, Kuih Bakul, Hokkein Mee, Chee Cheong Fun, Siew Bao, Calligraphy etc apart from the usual Mandarin Orange and Lions Dance to all my friends in the coming Chinese New Year celebration.

The only complaints I have was the use of non-washable and non-disposable utensils. As MBPJ is urging public to be environmental friendly and to discourage the use of plastic, it is nicer for us showing the example. Hopefully, the future festive celebrations will see an environmental friendly and caring party.

Other than that, I have all praise for my fellow friends. Kudos.

No comments: