Sunday, April 25, 2010

New Job

Starting 16/4/2010 or at least for the next 2 years, I will no more take charge of Local Agenda 21 Petaling Jaya initiative. I have been seconded to Ministry of Housing and Local Government as the Head for OSC Unit of MBPJ. Well, physically it is still in MBPJ Office, but the scope of works and responsibilities are different. While, formally due to the nature of LA 21 imitative in PJ, I have most of the time deal with NGO and CBO in the field of sustainable development and environmental or social circle. Now, my clientele will mainly the developers, project proponents and consultants who are talking about project viability, from the financial view point.

Perhaps it is such a big challenge now to inculcate value of sustainability amongst this stakeholders as of how to widen their perspective on sustainability. Perhaps, again to sell them the idea of CSR is the way forward.

Although my new job will not give me much opportunity of partnering the NGO and CBO for community development implementation, I am hoping to keep in touch and to try to be involved. It might be tough of sparing the time, but I will try the best.

No comments: