Monday, March 21, 2011

Melaka Visit

I was in Melaka yesterday attending a meeting. Since Sunday was the last day of school holiday, the street and places of interest in the city centre of Melaka was full of people and vehicles. You might wonder of seeing so many people at this heritage site that is vulnerable to over crowding. Perhaps measures to control the influx of tourist need to be planned in protecting the beauty of the old building conservation.

When I walked along the Jonker Street, stalls selling variety of goods, handicraft and souvenior items attracted my attention. But I wonder if items made in Melaka only are for sale, then it will make the visit more meaningful and refection of where we are. As it is I noticed plenty of items for sale are solicited from elsewhere, some even from other countries. In matching the theme of the straits heritage, it is good to control the widespread of this trend.

I stayed in a three star hotel and have my meeting in a five star hotel. Both are good as venue for accommodation and meeting, but I wonder if FREE WIFI is provided will make the visit more memorable. It is not only happened in Melaka, but basically many part of Malaysia that facility of WIFI in hotel is available, but not provided FREE of charge unlike other countries in which WIFI has become a neccisity. While we are striving to have widen broadband coverage, we should also facilitating the connectivity with ease and affordable.

No comments: