Tuesday, April 10, 2012

Problem Without Notice

I took LRT to my office this morning. While the service is accessible and convenience for me to commute from house to work place, under adnormal circumstances or small hindrance will make the trip unpleasant one. This morning saw the rain spoiled the day of most people because it is inconvenience to hold the umbrella, if you have one or else you are exposed yourselves to the wet situation. For people have to carry something with one of their hand, obviously hodling an umbrella is troublesome. I hold my umbrella with one hand and my beg with another to walk to the LRT station and as such unable to answer the mobile which was ringing unstopped. While this is all right since picking up the phone later is bearable, I encountered a problem of passing through a small gate from the LRT Station at Taman Jaya towards the Town Centre of Section 52. The Station is fenced up with a gate openned for passage by. The metal chain link gate, however was only half open in which letting the umbrella to pass through is bit difficult. Further that, the supposedly barrier free pedestrian walkway was disconnected in front of the newly completed Court Building. I presume with the construction of new building and new entrance, the ramp and connectivity of the walk way was displaced. Then moving further, I was forced to divert from the walkway into the carriageway as part of the walkway was water logged and hence cannot passed through. All these small encounterings have making my walking trip under wet circumstances a not so pleasant one.

I believe for the service providers, these are insignificance gestures that they should look into as well instead of the macro event or happenings. No point of providing infrastructure and facilities but fail by the small undone improvement.

No comments: